Friday, April 2, 2010

window.


Window.

There is an open window in my heart
It chills me to the bone
In the middle of these soundless nights
I hear you, coming home

Inside the shadow of a tree
I cry, our days, all gone
Its stretching, rustling, moving slow
What heart should wait this long?

Am I the girl within the words
That used to make me flee
Are you the man upon the stretch
- A bottle set, to sea.
Oh love, profess it, either way

Just make it clear to me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

picture here
poem copyrighted by me

3 comments:

L @ Salt and Sentiment said...

A bottle set to sea...

I really enjoyed that line.

Lovely poem, and I'm happy to have found your blog! Few people seem to have time for poetry any more...

Kellie Collis said...

Lovely words... x

kelly ann said...

this one is just breathtaking. i wish i could hang it on my wall and read it everyday!