Sunday, August 14, 2011


 There is a shadow over my heart now
A tide that once turned round
My ankles like spooling the soul
Now moves me off the sand
Backwards, sick & somber

Impossible-ness is
Happening
The sort that aches & mystifies
Old summer sounds sift thru
The screen like I could run out &
Touch them & all this emptiness would
Gather itself inside a diary
Tucked away, no matter

Oh this dismal news, like fog
Lift & let him stay!

& in belled fields I will wander
Far & happy. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. Thank you for your words. I am always incredibly touched by every comment you leave on my blog. There are no words I can say. Other than I am praying for peace over your broken heart.

My dad battled cancer for 2 years and it was hell. Now I lost one of my dear friends after her 5 year battle. It's baffling.

"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." (John 13:7)

Oh how many times I have read this and took it to heart this week. And I've made it by on fumes.

Praying for strength, dear. Please do not hesitate to email me if you need to. God be with you on this journey.