Friday, June 17, 2011

ascending june.


I no longer wish to be your girl
There, I said it
So frisk-it as you may with her
& lie smartly under the stars like such a man
I am sure you will tell her those things
That you always said were just for me
& she will believe it all
Why wouldn’t she, you’re such a
Good-good boy.

Go on now.
Fish for things in rhythmic lakes
You always were fond of the sound
You do look sweeter neath the sun
When you turn your head to view something
You squint and smirk and say such marvelous twaddle
Oh! I love it all
Or, perhaps I did.

But now, I really, no longer do.

Flowers, pennies, stars, how are these plagues for the heart?

1 comment:

R. Grace said...

Excellent poem/musing... very similar to a letter I wrote but never mailed a couple months ago.
Lovely blog!